How much do you plan to improve this year? Most people expect a gradual improvement in their performance and to receive a 2-10 percent increase in their pay or income as a result. However, in You2, Price Pritchett indicates that you dont have to settle for systematic improvements where you move from one level of achievement to the next.
A 5-Step powerful way to create more favorable results
1. Look at the results you are getting in the various areas of your life, and pick one that you want to improve or eliminate.
2. Write down the situation the way it currently is. Understand that what you’ve written down is a graphic or written description of an idea that is fixed in your subconscious mind.
For example, if the problem is with your sales, you might write something like the following:
“My sales go up and down. I get ahead of my quota, and then I fall behind.”
3. Get a clean sheet of paper and write out the positive side of it, which is the result you want. First, write “I’m so happy and grateful now that…” and then complete the sentence in the present tense.
In this example, you might write the following to describe the way you’d like for your sales to be:
“I am so happy and grateful now that quality leads flow to me on a continuous basis. My sales are always increasing, and they get better every day.”
4. Take the first sheet, the one with the current, unwanted results and literally burn it. That’s your habitual way of looking at sales, and you don’t want to do that anymore. Burning the paper is a symbolic way of letting the idea go.
5. Here’s the part that is illogical…
Take what you wrote on the second sheet of paper and write it out 100 times every morning and 100 times every night.
And, just like you did with your life script a couple of weeks ago, record the statement that describes what you want, repeating it over and over and over. Then, listen to the recording a few times each day while feeling as if it has already happened.
Being aware of this five-step process is wonderful. But you can’t just read or talk about it. You’ve got to do it.
Writing your statement dozens of times a day and listening to it repeatedly, might seem silly or unnecessary. But it’s critical that you do it anyway.
At first, you won’t believe the statement as you write it or listen to it. But after a while, it won’t seem so silly anymore, and you’ll even start to believe it. In other words, it will become logical, and you’ll start to act on it.