Is there something in your life that you've been putting off? Maybe you're planning to start a big project next month. Perhaps you keep saying you're going to do jump on your latest business idea as soon as you have more time.
So if you have a tendency to put things off, here are ten things you can do to beat procrastination and enjoy a happier, more fulfilling life:
1. Make a decision.
2. Write it out. Set aside a little time and follow this three-step process:
a) Get a sheet of paper and elaborate on how you procrastinate—what you do, when you do it, etc.
b) Take out a second sheet and ask yourself, “What would be the exact opposite of that?” Then, on the top of the page, write “I am so happy and grateful now that…”and below it write out detailed statements that are the opposite of the things you wrote on the first sheet. When you are finished, burn or shred the first sheet of paper.
c) Read and rewrite what you wrote on the second sheet every day until you notice that you’re no longer procrastinating.
3. Chop it up into small, actionable steps.
4. Quiet your mind.
5. Stop trying to be perfect.
6. Partner up.
7. Take a closer look. Revisit what you’re putting off and ask yourself why you have it on your list. Be honest with yourself. Maybe you’re putting it off because it’s something someone else wants you to do, but it’s really not important to you.
8. Put it on your gratitude list. Tomorrow morning, write down how grateful you are that you started the project and it’s going well. Write it in the present tense and feel like you already achieved it.
9. Reward yourself for taking action.
10. Adjust your attitude.
Full story on proctorgallagherinstitute.com