When it comes to Lisa Kudrows fashion choices, the star is totally unapologetic (similar to her character Valerie Cherish on The Comeback). In a new interview with the The Edit, the actress opens up about owning her androgynous look and her place in Hollywood. Here are some highlights:
- She has a tailored, menswear-inspired wardrobe : “When I have to ‘appear’ somewhere, I’m more comfortable wearing pants or a suit,” she tells the online magazine. “If I’m dressing for an event, I like blazers by Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney.”
- Layering is her best friend“I’m thrilled that it’s back in fashion.”
- She doesn’t do sexy, and that’s OK : “It’s an age thing, but that’s great,” the 51-year-old actress, who recently played a senator on Scandal, shares. “I’m thrilled! No one can be mad at me for not being sexy and cute anymore. That’s fantastic. People get mad at women for not trying to be sexy and cute. It’s terrible.”
- She never lets others influence her outfit choices.
- And yes, she still hangs out with the Friends cast : “I never know how to convince someone that I’m being sincere. But there’s no story there, no drama. We really were, and still are, friends.”